Sunday, January 10, 2010

An interesting incident

Well I will start this entry off with a statement that says WHOOPS. I learned a very valuable lesson today about eating out. Meri and I went out for breakfast this morning. I ordered what I thought was healthy, Egg white omelet with peppers, mushrooms, onions, and cheese. I told them to hold the potatoes and dry rye toast. Sounds decent right?

When it came out, it turns out by accident I ordered sausage instead of onions. I questioned what I had ordered, but Meri assured me I did order sausage because she was wondering why I did that. We were in a rush and I figured I had enough points to cover it so I ate it anyway.

I didn't have my points calculator with me so I had to wait until I got home to learn that those 2 Italian sausage links I charged myself for cost a whopping 11.5 points. I was annoyed, and quite honestly the old me might have taken a detour.

Instead I made a decision with Meri to go to the gym today. I did a half hour on the treadmill and came home. When I calculated my time on the Weight Watchers site, it turns out my half hour is worth 4 points which means my sausage really only cost me 7.5 points. But this was a turning point for me I would like to think that I will only look forward and not look back at all.

1 comment:

  1. You figured out a way to make up for your "slip up" so the whole thing was probably more valuable then you realize.

    ReplyDelete