Thursday, January 21, 2010

301 Calories

As I finished my workout at the gym this morning I saw the totals for my workout. 301 calories burned. The Weight Watchers plan truly does teach you that what you eat is extremely important. For example, the workout burned 301 calories what choices do you make for that?

For that half hour of hard work I could have eaten any of the following:

  1. Roughly 60% of a McDonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese
  2. a McDonalds Egg McMuffin
  3. Roughly 60% of a Cheesecake Factory original slice of Cheesecake

Are any of those worth the hard work I spent in the gym? In most cases no. This just puts things into perspective. Take todays breakfast for example, I had a Weight Watchers yogurt and a Jello 60 calorie parfait. The total caloric intake was 160 calories. By the time I was finished with breakfast, I was still -140 calories for the day.

Many times I have tried Weight Watchers but I think this is the first time that I am not just following a plan but am living the choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment