Sunday, February 7, 2010

Recipe from last night

At the urging of my favorite redneck, I am going to share a recipe that I created last night for dinner. Rachel wants me to share anything that is successful. The meal was a fusion of a couple of recipes that I had seen around. One came from a Weight Watchers meeting, while the other came from the Weight Watchers website. I made my own fusion to it and came up with the following:

1 lb ground turkey
1 package white mushrooms
1 package frozen spinach
1 cup onions
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp grill seasoning (or other seasoning)
1 Can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
2 tbsp worcesteshire sauce
Olive Oil Spray (PAM or equivilent)
1 Cup Weight Watchers Mexican blend cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. spray a skillet with the olive oil spray then heat
  3. Add the onions and garlic and let them cook for a minute
  4. Add the mushrooms and mix to combine
  5. Add the Salt, Pepper, and Worcestishire sauce and cook for a few minutes
  6. Add the turkey and added grill mix to taste cook until the turkey is fully browned
  7. Add the spinach (Defrosted and most liquid removed) cook until completely combined
  8. Remove from heat
  9. Combine mixture with the cream of chicken soup and add to baking dish sprayed with olive oil spray
  10. Top mixture with cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


I used it with whole wheat pasta, but it can go with almost anything. I am looking for a name for this dish and am open to any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment